X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But my dad al

But my dad also cares about his players so much. My senior year, the NCAA granted Nike Air Max Thea Womens my friend and teammate Grant Gibbs a sixth year of eligibility. The problem www.egbertvanwijk.nl was that the move put us over the scholarship cap. So my dad made me a Nike Air Max 90 Femme walk-on — that way, we could accommodate Grant as Nike Air Max 90 Donne Nero a scholarship player — and paid my tuition out of pocket. (I still haven’t paid him back.) It was a really cool deal. Plus I got to live off-campus because I was no longer a Nike Air Max 95 Womens scholarship athlete.
    (Something I want to tell the current Creighton team, now that Maurice Watson, Jr. has suffered a season-ending injury: Rally around Maurice. When I was at Creighton, I went through a similar situation when Grant got hurt. He was our leader — like Maurice is for you — and he was still your leader even if he couldn’t be on the floor. We rallied behind Grant, and I know you’ll rally behind Maurice. I’m really excited about Maurice’s future. He’s a first-team www.antoniolinares.es All-America in my book.)
    My dad balanced the dad-son stuff pretty well, but it still led to some pretty funny Adidas Superstar Uomo Nero situations. Sometimes I’d send my Asics Gel Lyte 5 Femme Bleu laundry home with him so my mom could do Nike Air Presto Femme it. I remember one time when my dad yelled at the team after a practice, but then walked up to me and said Adidas ZX Flux Womens quietly, “Hey, I’ve got your laundry down in my office. Come get Nike Air Presto Dames it.” A few times, when I wanted to avoid him, I wouldn’t get my laundry for days. Other times, I had to go into his office and be like, “Hey, can I get $20 for a movie?”
    Fred Hoiberg, my current coach in the NBA, and I have a funny connection. Not only did Coach Hoiberg replace my dad on the Iowa State bench after he left for Creighton, but Fred is also my high school’s most legendary graduate — he always tells me that his Ames High team would have wiped the floor with the one that Harrison and I played for. (He’s obsessed with getting me to accept this.)
Working...
X